- 20 Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed..Discover the Unique Need of Your Adopted Child and Become the Best Parent You Can Author: Sherrie Eldridge
In this all-new companion volume, Eldridge goes beyond those insights and shifts her focus to parents, offering them much-needed encouragement and hope.
- Attaching in Adoption: Practical Tools for Today’s Parents Author: Deborah D. Gray
Attaching in Adoption is a comprehensive guide for prospective and actual adoptive parents on how to understand and care for their adopted child and promote healthy attachment.
- Attachment in the Classroom
Author: Dr. Heather Geddes
This book combines the fundamental principles of attachment theory with teacher-based case studies and practical ‘how to’ interventions.
- Attachment-Focused Parenting: Effective Strategies to Care for Children Author: Daniel A. Hughes
Filled with valuable clinical vignettes and sample dialogues, Hughes shows how attachment-focused research can guide all those who care for children in their efforts to better raise them.
- Inside I’m Hurting
Author: Louise Bomber
Provides educational professionals with a much-needed classroom handbook of new strategies, practical tools and the confidence for supporting these children from an attachment perspective, thus promoting inclusion in the school system.
- Observing Children with Attachment Difficulties in Preschool Settings Author: Kim S. Golding
This book aims to equip the reader with the knowledge and skills needed to identify and support children’s emotional and social difficulties.
- Observing Children with Attachment Difficulties in School Author: Kim S. Golding
A range of hand-outs include activities designed to provide emotional support, to focus and regulate behaviour and enable the child to develop important social and emotional skills.
- Parenting the Hurt Child: Helping Adoptive Families Heal and Grow Author: Gregory Keck
Get effective suggestions, wisdom, and advice to parent the hurt child in your life. The best hope for tragedy prevention is knowledge!
- Teenagers and Attachment: Helping Adolescents Engage with Life and Learning Authors: Daniel A. Hughes, Louise Bomber, and Karl Heinz Brisch
Each expert practitioner offers practical strategies, underpinned by attachment theory and their own extensive experience, to enable teachers, psychologists, therapists and social workers to reach out to young people in new ways, establishing genuine connection and real possibilities for learning and hope.
- The Connected Child: Bring hope and healing to your adoptive family Authors: Karyn B. Purvis, David R. Cross, and Wendy Lyons Sunshine
Written by two research psychologists specializing in adoption and attachment, The Connected Child will help you: Build bonds of affection and trust with your adopted child, effectively deal with any learning or behavioral disorders, and discipline your child with love without making him or her feel threatened.
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind Authors: Daniel J. Siegal and Tina Payne Bryson
This book shows you how to cultivate healthy emotional and intellectual development so that your children can lead balanced, meaningful, and connected lives.
- Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew Author: Sherrie Eldridge
This extraordinary book, written by a woman who was adopted herself, gives voice to children’s unspoken concerns, and shows adoptive parents how to free their kids from feelings of fear, abandonment, and shame.
- Attachment-Focused Parenting Author: Daniel A. Hughes.
Drawing on more than 20 years of clinical experience, Hughes presents his comprehensive, effective, and accessible treatment model for working with all members of a family to recognize, resolve, and heal personal and family problems using principles from theories of attachment and intersubjectivity.
- **Nurturing Attachments Training Resource** Author: Kim S. Golding
A structured programme providing theory-based strategies for therapeutic parenting. Practical: featuring printable activity sheets and handouts on an accompanying CD-ROM. Ideal for psychologists, social workers and other professionals involved in training foster and adoptive parents.